Display Vainu company profiles in Dynamics with our iFrame solution.
With the Vainu View iFrame solution, you can display Vainu company profiles in Dynamics.
Vainu View solution
- makes Vainu's company profile data available to everyone working with customers and needs detailed company information daily, i.e., salespeople, account managers, customer service, and customer success teams.
- brings ease in preparing for customer meetings and creating customer understanding.
How to embed Vainu View to MS Dynamics 365
You can embed Vainu's company profiles to Dynamics with iFrame by following these instructions.
These instructions provide one way to create and add the iFrame element. Conditional formatting is possible. Please keep in mind that the code is case-sensitive when editing the code.
- Start by adding an iFrame element. Go to Settings ➡️ Customizations and select" Customize the System".
2. From the left side, select Components ➡️ Entities ➡️ Account ➡️ Forms.
Double click the Account on this list to add the element to Accounts view.
3. You can create a Column for Vainu View when you are in the Account View. Select Insert ➡️ One Column. The Column should be visible on the center of the page. Click on the empty section inside the new Column and on top Insert iFrame.
4. Give the IFRAME property a name you remember. In this example, it is called IFRAME_Vainu2. Add to the URL section about:blank. Make sure you don't have "Restrict cross-frame scripting" selected.
5. Add formatting settings as you prefer. Add Row layout to expand automatically. Enable scrolling for IFRAME.
6. Click on OK to save IFRAME. After you have saved IFRAME double click the Column again and you should see events section. You should add a Form Library. Click the green plus icon to add new. Click "New" again, and "Web resource: New" -window appears.
7. Create a name for Web resource, add Display Name and Description. For Content select Script and Paste Script to Text Editor. Remember that the code is case-sensitive. Click on OK and Publish.
var formContext = executionContext.getFormContext(); // get formContext
var business_id = formContext.getAttribute("accountnumber").getValue();
var IFrame = formContext.ui.controls.get("IFRAME_Vainu2");
var vainu_url = "https://app.vainu.io/embedded/" + business_id + "?showAll";
8. on Lookup Records window Add the newly created recource and close this view.
9. When you have closed Web resource window you should have Events tab open. Scroll down to On Event Handlers section, press the green Add to add a Web resource. Create a New one. Select the correct library you just created and write the name of the function "changeURL" to the Function section. Select "Pass execution context as first parameter". Click OK ✅
10. Save and publish the changes.
The IFRAME src property can be modified dynamically by adding the business ID and country code to the URL as parameters. You can find Microsoft documentation >> here.
An Iframe element with Vainu View might look like the picture below:
Are you interested in using Vainu View with the API key? >> Read this article.
More info about iFrame elements on >> Vainu Developer Hub.
Should you need more information on our Vainu View solution, please chat with us or email at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we're happy to help you out!