With the new and improved data mapping, you have more opportunities to keep your CRM data up-to-date.
Data mapping means defining the information you want to sync between Vainu and your CRM system, i.e., mapping the data fields in your CRM to the data fields in Vainu.
Data mapping is required for you to be able to:
- Export companies to CRM. Select data fields to be created when you export a company from Vainu to CRM.
- Keep data up-to-date with automatic or manual updates. Select CRM fields to update automatically when the information for the company changes. Note! Automatic update is only available for Account/Company/Organization.
Every CRM is different, and that's why we wanted to make the workflow between Vainu and your CRM as smooth as possible. ⛵️ Data mapping is available for these CRM systems: Microsoft Dynamics 365 Online, HubSpot, Pipedrive, and Salesforce.
|Dynamics||Account / Contact / Lead / Opportunity / Task|
|HubSpot||Company / Contact / Deal / Task|
|Pipedrive||Organisation / Person / Lead / Deal / Activity|
|Salesforce||Account / Contact / Lead / Opportunity / Task|
Data mapping is set to include standard data fields by default. Standard Data mapping is automatically applied on all exportable objects.
What kind of info can you use for data mapping?
There are multiple data points you can use in data mapping. See all mappable fields here:
- Company Data – This is the company's basic data received from official or other public sources such as (PRH)
- Basic data includes Company Name, Address, Website, Business ID, etc.
- Financial & Industry data includes Revenue, Industry (official), Industry (LinkedIn), etc.
- Social media links
- Contact Data –Employee information. Received from official and other public sources such as (PRH, Company Website)
- Data points include: Contact Name, Title, Email, Phone number (availability of data may vary)
- Signals Data – Export Buying Signals information as a content to, for example, Leads, Task, or Opportunities.
- Data points include: Signal title, Signal link, Signal content
- Picklist values – When the selected CRM field includes picklists values, Vainu will automatically detect all available values and include them inside the filter for selection.
- Custom Input – A text field you can use to add a manual text or a phrase.
- Trigger Data (when included in the Vainu contract)
An example of a Data Mapping page in Vainu:
How to Add fields
Data mapping has been improved to be more user-friendly and easier to understand. When you want to map new data, start by selecting the CRM field you want to add data to.
- Select the Object you want to edit. On top of the screen, you will be able to see all available objects based on your CRM system (listed in the table above.). Select the one you want to edit.
- Add CRM Field. Add fields by clicking the dropdown menu on the top right corner. You can scroll down or search for a specific CRM field and select it. When the field is added, it can be found at the bottom of the page.
- Select Vainu value. Select the Vainu value you want to map for the selected CRM field. You can also use the Search bar for easier access.
- Add a backup value. ⌛️ You can find an example value as a smaller grey text under the Vainu value. This shows an example of what kind of data can be expected by selecting a specific field. If an exported company does not have a specific data point available, you can add a backup value by clicking the plus icon and select an additional field.
- Save the changes before changing the object! After adding and editing all necessary fields, remember to save the changes.
Note! It is not possible to create CRM fields through Vainu. To create a field, contact your CRM Admin to create the necessary CRM fields for mapping. After the field has been created, it can take up to a few hours to be visible on the "Add fields" -filter.
Learn how to export companies and signals to CRM.
Should you have any questions or concerns about Vainu or mapping data points, please chat with us or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. 💁🏼♀️