In Vainu, you can either create a dynamic list or a static list. We'll walk you through how to get started with both!
NOTE ❗️ With our new UI release, "target groups" were changed to prospect lists. Dynamic list is the basic "target group" where you started with Vainu filters and static lists are the "target groups" you have created by uploading Excel files or by moving companies to their own prospect list.
Dynamics lists are the basic search in Vainu. When selecting this option you will start with all companies available in your chosen country. When using filters the companies can be narrowed down until you are happy with the results.
What is the main benefit of dynamic lists? ❇️
➡️Dynamic lists are always up to date.
- When you make a dynamic list, choose filters, and save, it will always be up to date.
- Vainu will check if any changes have happened in the company data and will match them to your filters. If you wanted to find companies with over 1M revenue and a company that didn’t previously have 1M+ revenue Vainu will check that the company now matches your search filters and show it in your results.
- Dynamic lists are always being updated, you can use our notifications feature that will let you know every time a new company has been added to your list, or if a company no longer matches your filters 🔔 Read more about notifications here.
Static lists are simply lists of companies that have been manually created and will stay the same. This means that whenever a company is added to a static list, it will not get removed from there from it unless you manually remove it. Static lists can be created from Excel or CSV files or manually transferring companies from dynamic lists to static lists.
What is the main benefit of static lists? ❇️
➡️ Static lists are the best way to track companies you are interested in or your current customers
- When you have found interesting companies you can move them to a static list or upload an Excel list of companies
- After creating a static list you can use filters to narrow it down to find companies that have certain revenue in your static list or are using specific web technology you are looking for
- You can also order signals from a static list which will only target the companies found in this list as it won’t change automatically like the dynamic lists
Combining static and dynamic lists. Removing companies with static lists.
NOTE ❗️ Dynamic lists can not be removed using the “Include / Exclude lists” filter as dynamic lists are always changing. Only manually made Static lists can be excluded. Using dynamic and static lists together enables you to remove companies from your search results or you can combine multiple static lists together to form a bigger list of companies.
Removing companies 🗑
- The biggest benefit of static lists is that you can add companies to them and exclude created list from other lists
- Excluding a static list can be done with “Include / Exclude selected lists” filter. Click the selected list to change the colour to red. This means the companies on that list are excluded from your search.
- For more detailed information about how to remove companies from your search please visit our article 🧐: Remove companies from list
❗️ More information about Vainu search logic (AND, OR, NOT) searches: Making AND, OR & NOT searches.
Combining static lists 🙇♀️
If you have created multiple static lists and wish to see all of these companies in the same list you can use the “Include / Exclude selected lists”-filter to combine them. If the same company can be found on both static lists, it will only be shown once.
If you just want to quickly check which static lists the company has been added to, you can see it from the list icon on the small company card:
Check our other commonly asked questions:
Should you have any questions, please contact us through Vainu chat or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org 💬