With Vainu for Dynamics, you can get real-time company information, and the most relevant company changes automatically in your CRM–to where and when you need it.
How to get started with Vainu for Dynamics?
To enable the integration, you need to have:
- CRM access with Admin-level rights
- Vainu account with Vainu for CRM access
Connect your Vainu account with Dynamics
When you have the permissions to use Vainu for Dynamics, you're able to set up the connection from the grip icon on the top right corner on the Vainu UI.
After you have given access to your CRM and selected a country, you will see Vainu for CRM settings page.
Vainu for Dynamics restrictions
Vainu for CRM is restricted to sync with only one country database at a time. It cannot be activated for multiple databases simultaneously. If you have only one country database active in Vainu, Vainu automatically enables the integration for that specific country.
How Vainu for Dynamics works?
Notifications: Fill your pipeline with best-fit prospects, quickly and visually.
Data Update: Fill in blanks in your data with our exhaustive firmographic, technographic, and buying signals information, either one-by-one directly from Dynamics or in bulk. Keep your database up-to-date with automatic syncing.
Deal Router: Guide your team to even better results by routing sales opportunities to your sales team and include tips on why you think the prospect would be a good fit.
Live Report: See the results of your real-time sales efforts.
How Notifications work:
- You can automatically create Tasks to your CRM of the events that have happened in the accounts in your CRM.
- Notifications are automatically scheduled to be sent Mon–Fri, 8:00–18:00 local time.
- You can also schedule the notifications manually and choose specific days and the timeframe when the tasks will be added to your CRM.
- You will receive one task/hour.
At the moment, you can receive notifications of the following buying signals:
- New financial statement
- New CEO
- Change of address
- Change in strategy
- Merger or acquisition
- New domain
Vainu for Dynamics manual data update
Manual Update is automatically turned on. You can use the green slider on the top right corner to turn on manual updates for company data. The manual data update process will not update existing account records. Only when you add a new account to your CRM, Vainu will automatically search the company matching the data you have provided (e.g., company name) and then updates the account's data in your CRM accordingly.
Choose manual update, if you
- Have a unique way of labeling Business IDs.
- Don’t want the existing data to be updated and enriched by Vainu.
Vainu for Dynamics automatic data update
The automatic update enriches accounts in your CRM with up-to-date company data.
Vainu finds matches to the accounts in your CRM and enriches account information with official data found from Vainu. Vainu for CRM enriches Dynamics accounts with the following data points:
- Company name
- Account number/Business ID
- Visiting address
- Postal code
- Vainu link
When you turn on the automatic update, the accounts in your CRM will be enriched with two new fields:
Vainu: Auto-update status
This field indicates whether the data has been updated by Vainu or not, and if there are some changes in the data that have not yet been applied.
Vainu: Turn off/on auto-update
This field gives you the possibility to either update the data of the account or undo the changes made by Vainu.
Remember: It is not possible to update only selected data points. When you use the automatic update, all data points will be updated.
How Deal Router works:
- You can assign signals as new Tasks in Dynamics to your colleagues.
- Assigning a signal will always open a new Opportunity under the Account in Dynamics.
- There’s also a message box where you can to write, e.g., tips and action points–why you think your colleague should contact the account in question?
- Dismiss a company by clicking Not interesting –this also teaches AI to identify better signals in the future!
- You can filter signals in Deal Router by clicking on the Show filters button on the top right corner and selecting the most relevant ones.
All non-assigned signals have not yet been forwarded to your CRM. The non-assigned column shows current accounts in your CRM and similar companies, based on the accounts already in your CRM. Similar companies are determined by their:
- Employee count
The signals in Deal Router are the same as in notifications (see the list above).
- Measures the ROI for you automatically so that you can see the revenue impact of your data usage.
- You can ensure your team is actually working with the most potential deals.
For more information about, read our Vainu for CRM FAQ article.
Should you have any questions or concerns related to Vainu or Vainu for Dynamics, please chat with us or email at firstname.lastname@example.org