Track new companies that have recently matched or unmatched your search filters
After this article, you will know:
- What are Notifications
- How to activate Notifications to your lists
- View your Notifications
- What are the use cases for Notifications
1. What are Notifications?💡
In Vainu we have two types of automatic alerts that you can use to track companies based on changes that happen on them.
Alerts are changes that happen to companies on your lists that are usually news, events or other data points that have changed. Alerts always contain some kind information about what has changed and this will be sent to you to email or Slack if you order an alert.
Notifications is slightly different. It tracks the companies on your lists. It won’t tell you what has changed, but it will tell you if company that wasn’t previously on your list as appeared there or if a company that used to be on your list isn’t there anymore. Read below if you want to know how this can be used.
2. How to activate Notifications 🔍
- Create a new list and save it or open up an already saved list.
- Click the notification icon found near the list name and click it.
- Vainu will give you a pop up that tells that the notification has been activated
- Notification icon has turned blue, the notification is active
- Click the notification icon again to disable the notifications
NOTE! If you don’t see these icons your list is NOT saved. Please save your list and the icons will appear.
3. View your notifications
Notification will arrive to your email when new changes have happened on your list. You can also check these through Vainu by following these steps:
- Click the User icon on the upper right corner
- Click Settings
- Click Activity Feed tab
- Here you can see all the notification reports. You can open these by clicking the link icon.
4. Use cases
- Track new companies
If you want to get notified always when a new company is founded, just set the Year Founded filter as the ongoing year. When a new company is founded it will appear in your list and that will trigger a notification email that will come to your inbox.
- New technologies
If you want to get notified whenever a company in your prospect list starts using a new technology such as HubSpot, just choose the technology of your interest + other relevant filters for you.
- Companies that reach a certain financial milestone
Another great use case for the notifications is to set up a prospect list with certain financial figures. This way you get notified for instance each time a company reached 1M Eur in revenue.
- Interesting keywords on company websites
Track interesting keywords on company websites. When notifications are enabled Vainu will notify you with an email when a new company has been found that has the keyword(s) you used in your filter or when the keyword is no longer found on the company website.
Check our other commonly asked questions:
Should you have any questions, please contact us through the chat in the bottom right corner or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org