Vainu View: 360° company info view on prospects and customers.
Vainu View iframe solution enables customer data to be displayed in MS Dynamics CRM.
Vainu View solution
- makes Vainu’s company profile data available to everyone who is working with customers and needs detailed company information on a daily basis, i.e., salespeople, people working in customer service as well as account managers and people working in customer success.
- brings ease in preparing for customer meetings and creating customer understanding.
Vainu’s company card can be embedded in Microsoft Dynamics by adding an IFRAME element to a view.
These instructions provide one way to create and add the iFrame element. Conditional formatting is possible.
- Start by adding an iFrame element. Go to Settings -> Customizations. Select ”Customize the System”.
2. From left side select Components-> Entities -> Account -> Forms.
Double click the Account on this list to add the element to Accounts view.
3. When you are in the Account View you will be able to create a Column for Vainu View. Select Insert -> One Column. The column should be visible on the center of the page. Click on the empty section inside the new Column and on top Insert IFRAME.
4. Give the IFRAME property a name you remember. In this example, it is called ”IFRAME_Vainu2”. Add to the URL section about:blank. Make sure you don't have selected "Restrict cross-frame scripting".
5. Add formatting settings as you prefer. Add Row layout to expand automatically. Enable scrolling for IFRAME.
6. Click on OK to save IFRAME. After you have saved IFRAME double click the Column again and you should see events section. You should add a Form Library. Click the green plus icon to add new. Click ”New” again and ”Web resources” New window appears.
7. Create a name for Web resource, add Display Name and Description. for Content select Script and Paste Script to Text Editor. Click on OK and Publish.
var formContext = executionContext.getFormContext(); // get formContext
var business_id = formContext.getAttribute("accountnumber").getValue();
var IFrame = formContext.ui.controls.get("IFRAME_Vainu2");
var vainu_url = "https://app.vainu.io/embedded/" + business_id + "?showAll";
8. On Event handlers press Add to add a Web resource. Create a New one.
9. Select the correct library you just created and write the name of the function "changeURL" to the Function section. Select "Pass execution context as first parameter". Click OK.
Save and publish the changes.
Note! The IFRAME src property can be modified dynamically by adding the business ID and country code to the URL as parameters. Microsoft documentation can be found from:
Finished IFRAME element with Vainu View might look like this.
Should you need more information on our Vainu View solution, chat with us or email at email@example.com and we're happy to help you out!