Find the best-fit companies with the help of Vainu's 100+ filters.
After reading this article, you'll know how to
Create a List by using Vainu's filters
Create a Custom list by importing a file to Vainu
- Manage, e.g., delete, rename, duplicate, or share your lists and import a list of companies to an existing list
Which version of Vainu are you using?
The old Vainu platform (app.vainu.io)
1. Create a List using filtersFollow these instructions to create a list of companies matching the filters of your choice. Go to Profiles by clicking the Profiles icon on the navigation bar on the left.
- Before creating the list, check that you are making the list of the right database. Vainu has Nordic country databases based on business id and a global domain database based on domain and you can have one or more options based on your Vainu contract. Select the database from the top left.
- Start creating the list by clicking the Create a list and New list.
- You will see a list of all companies included in the database you are using. Vainu creates a name for the list and you can edit the list name by clicking the edit icon next to the list name.
- Under the list name, you will see all the filters you can use. You can read more on how to use the filters here and what filters are available here.
- Select the category and filter you want. Then select the option/scale inside the filter and Apply Filter.
- Now the list will show companies matching the filter. The list is automatically saved when you select filters and apply them. Now you can add more filters if you like!
- You can edit the filters by clicking them and remove them by clicking the trash can icon next to the filter.
2. Create a Custom list by uploading a list of companies to Vainu
You can bring companies to Vainu through an Excel or CSV file using the Upload list option. This way you can create a new Custom list of the companies found in the file you uploaded. The file can contain either official company names, business IDs, or websites. When you click the Upload list button, you'll get more information about the limit of companies you can upload and the format they should be in your file.
- Instructions to upload the Custom list available here.
- After uploading the list, you can use filters too. Notice that then the source is only the list you have uploaded and not all companies in the database.
Instructions for the old Vainu platform (app.vainu.io)
1. Creating a dynamic list
We strongly recommend taking a look at the following article that explains the ins and outs of Vainu's lists: >> What is the difference between dynamic and static lists?
- Click the Target Group icon on the navigation bar on the left. Then click the New List button.
- You will see a default list of companies. Vainu creates a random name for the list. You can edit the list name by clicking on the current name.
- Access filters by clicking the plus (+) icon under the list name. Select the filter category and the filter you want to use.
- Select the option/scale inside the filter and Apply Filter. After this, you can close the filter by clicking outside the box or by clicking the filter name.
Please note that some of the filters are available only in certain countries.
- If you wish to add a new filter, click the plus icon (+) again and select the filter you'd like to use next.
- After you've added at least one filter, you can save the list and access it any time!
- Edit filters by clicking the filter name. This will open up the filter options. Remove filters by clicking the (x) mark next to the filters, and add new filters by clicking the (+) icon.
- You can also exclude values from your search by selecting exclude from search under search parameter or by clicking on top of the filter value.
A detailed Ideal Customer Profile (ICP) will help you find satisfied customers that have a strong lifetime value (LTV). Think of your ICP when using the search filters!
Find a list of all available Vainu filters >> here.
Learn more about the >> search logic.
2. Creating a static list by uploading a list of companies to Vainu
You can bring companies to Vainu through an Excel or CSV file using the Upload list option. This way you can create a new static list of the companies found in the file you uploaded. The file can contain either official company names, business IDs, or websites. When you click the Upload list button, you'll get more information about the limit of companies you can upload and the format they should be in your file.
Click the Target Group icon on the navigation bar on the left. Then click the Upload list button. Learn more about uploading company lists to Vainu: >> Upload a list of companies to Vainu.
If you need information on managing your lists, check it out here.
Should you have any questions, please contact us through Vainu chat or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org